Sunday, February 5, 2012

New Post in "Medicine" section

I recently completed my Psychiatry rotation in the Child & Adolescent Psychiatry department at a psychiatric hospital in Harrisburg. Check out the Medicine section for an interesting read about my experience. It was life changing to say the least.


I came across this image and had to include it, as the message is quite powerful and personifies my experience during the rotation. Many of the disorders and/or circumstances plaguing the children were commonly not things they asked for. Surprisingly their behaviors were ingrained in their psyche during development or by their environment. And sometimes the only advocate to help them undo the learned behavior was in fact the doctor and medical team. Read more in the Medicine section...

No comments:

Post a Comment